Friday, July 1, 2016

Keeping the Ham in Ham it Up in Science!

What does it mean to "Ham it Up?" In today's day in age--it is all about the entertainment, the laughs, the cries and the drama.

Ham It Up In Science is my style of teaching and now it is my interwebs identity!

I do everything I can to engage my students--I sing, I dance, sometimes I even raise my hands and testify--whatever it takes to reach every single kiddo in my class.  I want to reach out to other teachers with similar teaching philosophies, be inspired by the amazing things they do in their classrooms, and hopefully inspire someone else with my own experiences and mistakes.



I am Leslie Ham, a 5th grade science teacher in Texas.  I have a B.S. in Political Science from Texas A&M University, Whoop and Gig'em.  I earned my Masters in Public Administration from the University of Houston and because I needed a reason to keep collecting fancy pencils and pens I decided to become a teacher!  I am excited to be starting my 10th year of teaching in the fall and my 7th year of teaching science.

No comments:

Post a Comment