Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Thank you Donors Choose!

Fidgeting Funded! Alternative seating with alternative funds.
I am so excited to share with you that my Donors Choose project was fully funded—and just in the nick of time too!

If you are not familiar with this remarkable organization, Donorschoose.org is an amazing resource for classroom teachers.  A teacher develops an idea or project, writes a short description of what they need, why they need it, what their students are like, what their campus is like and it is posted on the website.  People are then able to search through all the projects and make a donation towards helping the teacher acquire the things they need for their classroom.
I created my first Donors Choose project my second year in the classroom.  I have been blessed to have 6 projects fully funded in my 9 years of teaching.  The most recent project is the one I am most excited about.
 
This project is going to allow me to start introducing alternative seating into my classroom.  I will be receiving 15 bouncy bands that will fit on student desks, 4 exercise balls that can be used in the place of chairs, and 5 seat rockers that go in a student’s seat and let them sort of wobble to and fro.

In addition to my Donorschoose project, I also received a $600 grant from my district’s Education Foundation to purchase an additional 40 bouncy bands for desks in my classroom and the classrooms of my partner teachers.

My goal is to continue to expand alternative seating every year.

I can’t wait to share with you guys how these additions to my classroom change things!

No comments:

Post a Comment