Thursday, July 17, 2014

HTML as a Second Language



I honestly thought the hardest part about blogging was going to be keeping up with it.  And don't get me wrong.  That has been difficult.  I am no where near creating a schedule for posts or even posting weekly like I wanted to.  

This week though it is all about the appearance of the blog. Developing a color scheme, graphics, how do I make a button?  What is a blog button?  How do I make a pretty, eye catching header and why isn't it centered? So many issues.  So I did what any newbie would do, I GOOGLED it.  A lot of awesome information out there A LOT! Much of it was simple and easy to follow, but a lot talked about HTML and coding. It was a foreign language. 

I do not code. I wish I knew how.  I know it is becoming very popular to get kids to start coding.  A team mate of mine introduced the kids to Scratch.  A free program offered through MIT--I know right! The kids loved it.  They made their own games and had a great introduction to computer programming, and I thought isn't that awesome.  



 


No comments:

Post a Comment