Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Positive Preparation: Enjoying Summer and Still Getting Things Done


I love my summers!  Quality time spent with my two beautiful girls.  We visit the zoo weekly, run around at the splash pad, play at the park and read at the library.  Staying busy in the morning and cooling off from the summer heat in the afternoons is our life.  Luckily I still have one little who needs her afternoon nap and during that 2-3 hour block I find the time to be super productive.

During this block of productivity, I like to prepare for August and the upcoming school year.  I search Teachers Pay Teachers for great products, read blogs, and update resources I will need during the first few weeks of school.

This past week, I was able to update my class syllabus.  Last school year was the first time I had developed a syllabus for my class.  I was inspired by the adorable syllabus Ms. Leslie Ann at Life in Fifth Grade shared on her blog and used that as a guideline for my own classroom.

I handed it out to parents on Meet The Teacher Night and posted it on my website.  I found it to be incredibly helpful for parents, and saw a huge decrease in emails from parents asking about dates, how to find information and general homework questions.

Last year's syllabus was really geared towards parents and I knew for next school year that I wanted to develop a version that was for the student's and formatted to fit in their interactive notebooks so they had the information available at all times.  I spent one of my moments of productivity updating and creating a pamphlet style syllabus that could be easily glued down, and I am really happy with the outcome.  Below are images of the syllabus has currently designed for the parents to receive on Meet the Teacher Night.  Now, considering this is still June, changes may be made,  but so far I am happy with the outcome.









I also am very happy with the student version of the syllabus






No comments:

Post a Comment